Coloring Page Week runs from #FanArtFriday on May 19 through #KirstieThursday on May 25. Our contest rotation will serve to select coloring pages for the Coloring Contest Week that follows (May 26 through June 1). The following special rules apply to Coloring Page Week:
- All entries must be black and white. Admins may post-process entries to make the black and white as crisp and noise-free as possible, and to bring resolution up to print quality.
- Photo edit art is welcome. Photo edit art will be identified as such, and will run alongside original drawings with no separation of contest categories.
- Fans are instructed to vote for the page they most want to color, so artists should prepare their line art with coloring in mind. Shading and solid black areas are not recommended.
- #AviSaturday and #DragonTuesday will accept entries of all sorts: general art as well as line art. Only black and white line art will be eligible to win the Coloring Page Week contest, but art of any type that earns 10 votes or more on these contest days will join Avi’s art book.
- Feel free to turn your existing art into a coloring page. Coloring page adaptations of former contest winning entries–or future contest winning entries–are welcome.
All other contest rules apply.
[Editor’s note: #DragonTuesday added. For this week, we have added an exception to the “one win per entry rule” to open up more possibilities for coloring page adaptations.]