We’ve set a plan to have the book for Pentatonix and the book especially for Avi into their hands at the concert in Allentown, PA on September 2, 2017. Below is our schedule of events and book preparation.
Art approval events
- June 23-29: Coloring contest Week. Follow this link to view coloring contest rules and download the coloring pages.
- June 30-July 6: Bandwagon Week. This week, we’ll add to the book the largest crop of art that we can balance member-for-member. The only limit is whichever member’s voting day has the fewest approved entries.
- July 7-13: Favorites Week. This week we’ll only be accepting entries that show the members’ favorite people or things. Depicting the members themselves is optional.
- July 14-20: Avi’s Week. No content gathering events for PTX book this week. Last #AviSaturday & #DragonTuesday for Avi’s book. Possible other events TBA.
- July 21-27: Last full week of events for the book for PTX.
- July 28: Final #FanArtFriday. Last event to gather content for this PTX book. Art showing 3 or more members of Pentatonix together may enter. All entries with 15+ votes will join the PTX Fan Art Book.
- July 29: Campaign Day. A few nominated art pieces will campaign to join the PTX Fan Art Book. 50+ votes gets them in.
Book funding, printing, and delivery
- July 1-19: Fundraiser for Avi’s book. We’ll start showing early PDF drafts of Avi’s book on our sit, and we’ll raise money to print and ship 3 hardcover books: one for Avi, one for his parents, and one for Annie Stoll, who designed his album cover. We’ll be working with Avi’s Peeps to print it, which should save us some money compared to our formerly estimated $220. We’ll update this post when we have a newer estimate.
- July 20: Deadline for revisions to Avi’s book. We place the print order on July 21. [Update: This was our initial goal. We are running behind our stated schedule, but still have a few weeks’ wiggle room to get this printed in time.]
- July 21-Aug 3: Fundraiser for PTX book. We need to raise funds to print and ship 5 hardcover books: one for each member of Pentatonix. We will show PDF drafts of the PTX book on our site. With Avi’s Peeps‘ help, we anticipate needing less funding than our formerly estimated $300; we’ll update this post when we have a newer estimate. [Update: We will begin fundraising for the PTX book after the PDF for the Art Book for Avi is finalized.]
- August 3: Deadline for revisions to book for PTX. We place the print order on August 4.
- September 2: Pentatonix concert in Allentown, PA. Viola Love (@ptxviola) is attending a private performance, and will hand-deliver a copy of the PTX book to each member of Pentatonix, and also a copy of Avi’s book to Avi.