We’ll begin funding the book for Pentatonix in July, and it will be printed at the end of July. So we’re in our last contest weeks for the book. On Bandwagon Week, we aim to add a balanced crop of many artists’ work to the book: the more, the merrier!
How to Enter
Enter as you would for a normal contest: any time from now until voting opens on contest day, tweet your art & mention @PTX_FanArt. Traditional, digital, and photo edit art will all run together, without distinction of categories. Otherwise, rules will be like normal contest rules, except that we’ll be accepting as many works of art as we can as long as each member gets the same amount. We’d especially like to point out that you’re welcome to re-enter any art of yours that hasn’t yet won.
You are welcome to enter art that depicts more than one member of Pentatonix. If you do, we will decide which member’s day it runs on, in an effort to balance individual and group shots member for member.
How Winners are Determined
#FanArtFriday on June 30 is a simple approval event: all entries that get at least 10 votes join the #PTXFanArtBook. We’ll take as many as come.
The individual members’ contest days, July 1 through 6, have only one limit to how many entries join the book: the number of qualifying entries in whoever’s contest day has the fewest. An entry for a member’s day must earn at least 20 votes to count as a qualifying entry. (This is up from #FanArtFriday’s 10-vote requirement.)
For example, let’s suppose we get Bandwagon Week entry counts based on the averages from our last three general contest weeks. That would look like this:
#AviSaturday: 21 entries #ScottSunday: 7 entries #MitchMonday: 10 entries #KevinWednesday: 7 entries #KirstieThursday: 13 entries
In this example, the fewest entries in any of these contest days is 7, so 7 entries from each contest day would be added to the art book for Pentatonix. Once the week is complete, each contest day’s entries join the gallery and book with the following priority:
- Top-voted entry overall
- Darkhorse entries, top-voted first, 1 entry per artist. For this contest’s purposes, a darkhorse is anyone who hasn’t won a contest before Bandwagon Week started.
- Champion entries, top-voted first, 1 entry per artist.
- Additional entries from artists who already have an entry accepted for that day.
- In the event of a tie (e.g. 2 entries from darkhorse artists on the same contest day that get the same number of votes), priority goes to whichever work of art was entered earlier.
- As usual, #AviSaturday will also serve as an approval event for the art book for Avi: every work of art that gets at least 28 votes will join Avi’s book. #DragonTuesday is exclusive to Avi’s book; all dragon art that gets at least 14 votes will join Avi’s book.
- How to Help Bandwagon Week Succeed
- We happily welcome entries for all our contest days, as many as care to enter, so enter any of your art that you’d love to have Pentatonix see. Our records of past entries show that Kevin and Scott tend to get the fewest entries. So if you want to give your art and your friends’ art the best possible chance of joining the book, draw Kevin or Scott, or both! You can also help by sharing your favorite photos and videos of Kevin or Scott, and inviting your artist friends to enter Kevin or Scott art.
In case you’d like some help learning to draw them: