Original line art is by Kenna (@kennatonix), winner of the #ScottSunday coloring page line art contest in May. Her blank coloring page and her color of it, both shown below, will also appear in the book for Pentatonix.
The above are our coloring contest winners. No darkhorses entered, so the second winning slot went to the second highest voted.
We had a small crop of entries, only 5, for our #AviSaturday general art approval event. This eye study by Macey (@MaaceFaace) was the only one to pass 28 votes.
We’ll begin funding the book for Pentatonix in July, and it will be printed at the end of July. So we’re in our last contest weeks for the book. On Bandwagon Week, we aim to add a balanced crop of many artists’ work to the book: the more, the merrier!
How to Enter
Enter as you would for a normal contest: any time from now until voting opens on contest day, tweet your art & mention @PTX_FanArt. Traditional, digital, and photo edit art will all run together, without distinction of categories. Otherwise, rules will be like normal contest rules, except that we’ll be accepting as many works of art as we can as long as each member gets the same amount.
You are welcome to enter art that depicts more than one member of Pentatonix. If you do, we will decide which member’s day it runs on, in an effort to balance individual and group shots member for member.
How Winners are Determined
#FanArtFriday on June 30 is a simple approval event: all entries that get at least 10 votes join the #PTXFanArtBook. We’ll take as many as come.
The individual members’ contest days, July 1 through 6, have only one limit to how many entries join the book: the number of qualifying entries in whoever’s contest day has the fewest.
For example, let’s suppose we get Bandwagon Week entry counts based on the averages from our last three general contest weeks. That would look like this:
#AviSaturday: 21 entries #ScottSunday: 7 entries #MitchMonday: 10 entries #KevinWednesday: 7 entries #KirstieThursday: 13 entries
In this example, the fewest entries in any of these contest days is 7, so 7 entries from each contest day would be added to the art book for Pentatonix. Once the week is complete, each contest day’s entries join the gallery and book with the following priority:
- Top-voted entry overall
- Darkhorse entries, top-voted first, 1 entry per artist. For this contest’s purposes, a darkhorse is anyone who hasn’t won a contest before Bandwagon Week started.
- Champion entries, top-voted first, 1 entry per artist.
- Additional entries from artists who already have an entry accepted for that day.
In the event of a tie (e.g. 2 entries from darkhorse artists on the same contest day that get the same number of votes), priority goes to whichever work of art was entered earlier.
As usual, #AviSaturday will also serve as an approval event for the art book for Avi: every work of art that gets at least 28 votes will join Avi’s book. #DragonTuesday is exclusive to Avi’s book; all dragon art that gets at least 14 votes will join Avi’s book.
How to Help Bandwagon Week Succeed
We happily welcome entries for all our contest days, as many as care to enter, so enter any of your art that you’d love to have Pentatonix see. Our records of past entries show that Kevin and Scott tend to get the fewest entries. So if you want to give your art and your friends’ art the best possible chance of joining the book, draw Kevin or Scott, or both! You can also help by sharing your favorite photos and videos of Kevin or Scott, and inviting your artist friends to enter Kevin or Scott art.
In case you’d like some help learning to draw them:
- How to draw Scott
- How to draw Kevin (coming soon!)
Grand winner: @Gerridwynn9 | 2nd: @McKathlin | 3rd: @Jadetriestoart
We originally planned for 3 winning slots: 1 for top-voted overall, 1 for top-voted among those who had not yet won a contest, and 1 for top-voted child age 10 or younger. However, we had only 3 entries, all from champion artists, so our 3 winning slots went to them.
Click any of the above images to view larger.
We’ve set a plan to have the book for Pentatonix and the book especially for Avi into their hands at the concert in Allentown, PA on September 2, 2017. Below is our schedule of events and book preparation.
Art approval events
- June 23-29: Coloring contest Week. Follow this link to view coloring contest rules and download the coloring pages.
- June 30-July 6: Bandwagon Week. This week, we’ll add to the book the largest crop of art that we can balance member-for-member. The only limit is whichever member’s voting day has the fewest approved entries.
- July 7-13: Favorites Week. This week we’ll only be accepting entries that show the members’ favorite people or things. Depicting the members themselves is optional.
- July 14-20: Avi’s Week. No content gathering events for PTX book this week. Last #AviSaturday & #DragonTuesday for Avi’s book. Possible other events TBA.
- July 21-27: Last full week of events for the book for PTX.
- July 28: Final #FanArtFriday. Last event to gather content for this PTX book.
Book funding, printing, and delivery
- July 1-19: Fundraiser for Avi’s book. We’ll start showing early PDF drafts of Avi’s book on our sit, and we’ll raise money to print and ship 3 hardcover books: one for Avi, one for his parents, and one for Annie Stoll, who designed his album cover. We’ll be working with Avi’s Peeps to print it, which should save us some money compared to our formerly estimated $220. We’ll update this post when we have a newer estimate.
- July 20: Deadline for revisions to Avi’s book. We place the print order on July 21.
- July 21-Aug 3: Fundraiser for PTX book. We need to raise funds to print and ship 5 hardcover books: one for each member of Pentatonix. We will show PDF drafts of the PTX book on our site. With Avi’s Peeps‘ help, we anticipate needing less funding than our formerly estimated $300; we’ll update this post when we have a newer estimate.
- August 3: Deadline for revisions to book for PTX. We place the print order on August 4.
- September 2: Pentatonix concert in Allentown, PA. Viola Love (@ptxviola) is attending a private performance, and will hand-deliver a copy of the PTX book to each member of Pentatonix, and also a copy of Avi’s book to Avi.