We have a full schedule of art approval events lined up for our last week of accepting content for the fan art book for Superfruit. Here’s what we’re doing up until we deliver the Superfruit Fan Art Book.
Content gathering events
- Friday, Nov. 17: The Superfruit #FanArtFriday that kicks off our last week. All entries with 25+ votes join the book.
- Saturday, Nov. 18: #StrawberrySaturday. Send us your art featuring the Superfruit strawberry! 15+ votes, no limits.
- Sunday, Nov. 19: Last #ScottSunday for the book. 15+ votes to qualify; many can win.
- Monday, Nov. 20: Last #MitchMonday for the book. 15+ votes to qualify; win count is limited by #ScottSunday win count.
- Tuesday, Nov. 21: #SuperfruitTuesday. (This choice of day is a deliberate throwback.) Celebrate “the best show on the Internet!” Any art inspired by Superfruit’s weekly show is welcome. 15+ votes to join, no limits.
- Wednesday, Nov. 22: #WednesdayWisdom. Share art, accompanied by your words if you wish, that celebrates how Superfruit, or Mitch or Scott individually, have helped and inspired you. Calligraphy and word art are welcome in all our events, but especially today. 15+ votes for art to join the book, no limits.
- Thursday, Nov. 23: Event for art inspired by Superfruit’s photo book. (Anyone got a cute hashtag for this?) 15+ votes to join, no limits.
- Friday, Nov. 24: #KEEPMECOMING fan art approval event. 15+ votes gets it in the book, with no limits. This is our last content event for the Superfruit Fan Art Book.
- November 24-30: #PTXWeek. This week’s qualifying art will go in other books that we’ll deliver in 2018. It starts with #AviSaturday, then we’re taking #ScottSunday and #MitchMonday off, but we’ll be doing an event for art of PTX as a group on Monday. #MattTuesday, #KevinWednesday, and #KirstieThursday round out the week.
Book preparation timeline
- November 17: Superfruit Fan Art Book fundraising begins. We’ll need an estimated $60 to print, bind, and ship two (2) copies of the Superfruit Fan Art Book.
- November 27: Due date for all revisions to art & messages.
- November 28: Book layout must be complete, ready to send to Michelle of @AvisPeeps for printing and binding two copies.
- December 8: Book is finished and ships to Viola Love (@ptxviola).
- December 19: Viola delivers the Superfruit Fan Art Book to Scott and Mitch.
This week is a Superfruit contest week with a few additional events. As with all our events, you may enter an event anytime before voting opens for that event. Quote or tweet your art, one image per tweet, and mention @PTX_FanArt. Here’s the day-by-day breakdown:
- Friday, Oct. 27: #FanArtFriday. Superfruit fan art that gets 25+ votes joins the art book for Superfruit.
- Saturday, Oct. 28: No events. Enjoy your Halloween weekend!
- Sunday, Oct. 29: #ScottSunday. 15+ votes to qualify, many can win. Scott and Mitch entries must join the book in evenly matched numbers, so we’ll be putting them in the book according to bandwagon-style priority. Scott tends to have less art entered than Mitch, so if you want art in the book, draw Scott, or invite others to enter their Scott fan art.
- Monday, Oct. 30: #MitchMonday. 15+ votes to qualify, many can win. Scott and Mitch entries must join the book in evenly matched numbers.
- Tuesday, Oct. 31: #DENYU approval event. All #DENYU-themed fan art that earns 15+ votes joins the book. It may depict Scott, Mitch, both, or neither.
- Wednesday, Nov. 1: #goodbyefromlonely approval event. All “Goodbye from Lonely” fan art that earns 15+ votes joins the book. It may depict Scott, Mitch, both, or neither.
- Thursday, Nov. 2: A bonus #KirstieThursday approval event. All entries that earn 25+ votes join the art book for Kirstin, to be delivered in early 2018.
We also have a special event planned for the following week: we’re now taking entries for a GUY.EXE art approval event that will run on Tuesday, November 7.
The last full contest week of every month is #PTXWeek, and for October’s, we’d like to add lots of art to the books! Enter as you would enter any of our events: anytime before voting opens on the eve of the event’s day, quote or tweet your art (one image per tweet) and mention @PTX_FanArt.
With the exception of #ScottSunday and #MitchMonday, all contest days will be simple approval events, where all art exceeding a given vote count will join the book. All Pentatonix fan art is welcome; art depicting members of PTX in costume (not counting their music video outfits) gets bonus points as outlined.
- #FanArtFriday: any art that depicts 3 or more members of Pentatonix (or the PTX logo) may enter. All art that gets 30 or more votes joins our next #PTXFanArtBook; if they’re in costume, we add 15 points to the effective vote count.
- #AviSaturday: 49 votes to join the book. Costume bonus: +28.
- #ScottSunday: 25 votes to qualify for the book. Costume bonus: +10. The same number of Scott and Mitch entries will join the book for Superfruit; where there’s a surplus in either day, the top entries are added to the book by priority according to bandwagon contest rules.
- #MitchMonday: 25 votes to qualify for the book. Costume bonus: +10. The same number of Scott and Mitch entries will join the book.
- #MattTuesday: 25 votes to join the book. Costume bonus: +10.
- #KevinWednesday: 25 votes to join the book. Costume bonus: +10.
- #KirstieThursday: 25 votes to join the book. Costume bonus: +10. Some #KirstieThursdays get a LOT of art and votes, so if more than 5 artists enter #KirstieThursday, we’ll set the vote count requirement and costume bonus according to this formula: Vote count = artist count x 5; costume bonus = artist count x 2.
- @TinaTinasae – Grand Winner
- @scoothooying – Darkhorse 1
- @jensucks – Darkhorse 2
- @Ally_Hoying – Grand Winner (only qualifier)
We’ll make up our two-entry deficit in a future week.
Worth It (Perfect)
- @scoothooying – Grand Winner (only qualifier)
We’ll make up our two-entry deficit in a future week.
- @Jennasscomiche – Grand Winner
- @Ally_Hoying – Grand Winner
- @weirdshine9925 – Darkhorse 1
- @SUP3RFRIENDS – Darkhorse 2
- @EmilyDBeato – Grand Winner
- @guygoodbye – Darkhorse 1
- @weirdshine9925 – Darkhorse 2
[Editor’s note: We’ll update this post with links and pictures as we have them ready.]
by Kathy Washburn Bunn (@McKathlin)
by Jonna Peterson (@jonnapeterson81)
Grand Winner: Kathy (@McKathlin) | Darkhorse Winner: Jonna (@jonnapeterson81)
Both of these will join the fan art book for Superfruit.
From Friday, September 15, to Thursday, September 21, we’ll be celebrating the release of the full Future Friends album by hosting a week of contests for Future Friends, Part 1.
We’ll host a contest day for each song in track list order.
- Friday, Sept. 15: Imaginary Parties
- Saturday, Sept 16: Bad 4 Us
- Sunday, Sept 17: Worth It (Perfect)
- Monday, Sept 18: Vacation
- Tuesday, Sept 19: Sexy Ladies
- Wednesday, Sept 20: Heartthrob
- Thursday, Sept 21: Future Friends
For each contest day, we welcome art of all sorts, as long as it’s inspired by the song in question. The inspiration can come from the lyrics, the music video, or anything relating to the song. The art may show Mitch, Scott, both, or neither.
As with all contests, you may enter any time starting when it’s announced (that means you can enter now!) up until voting opens on 9:00 AM Pacific time on the contest day. To enter, quote or tweet your art, one image per tweet, and mention @PTX_FanArt.
This will be a bandwagon-style contest. The more entries qualify each day, the more may join the book. An equal number of qualifying entries will be added to the book for each day. An entry qualifies if it gets at least 15 votes. Qualifying entries are added to the book from each contest day in this order of priority:
- The top-voted entry overall.
- Entries by darkhorse artists (i.e. artists who have not yet won a contest since August 1), top-voted first, one entry per artist.
- Entries by champion artists (i.e. artists who have won a contest since August 1), top-voted first, one entry per artist.
- Additional entries from artists who already have entries joining the book from that day.
In the event of a tie between qualifying entries, priority goes to the one that was submitted earlier.
by Chan (@gingertonix)
by Brook Ember Pfaff (@Brook_EMBER)
by Gigi Palacios (@succmiche)
by Kristýna (Kristen1997g)
On September 8, these works of Superfruit fan art got 25 or more votes and earned their place in the art book for Superfruit. Mouse over for more info, and click any image to view larger.
by Katalla (@katallaa)
by Amy (@glitterhoying)
Grand Winner: Katalla (@katallaa) | Darkhorse Winner: Amy (@glitterhoying)
These will join the upcoming art book for Superfruit.